Hey, Sphynx cat lovers from Atlanta, today is your special day, especially if you’re looking for a new feline friend, as this article provides you with the top Sphynx cat breeders.
These beautiful cats are in high demand, mostly because of their unique appearance but also for their lovely personality.
So, if you’re looking for a hairless cat friend to provide it with a warm and lovely forever home, then I suggest you check out these Sphynx cats for sale in Atlanta.
Reputable Sphynx Cat Breeders In Atlanta
It’s not a surprise why the Sphynx breed of cat is so popular. They’re recognizable for their almost hairless body and different skin colorations.
However, what makes these kitties the best is probably their lovely and friendly personality. They’re also intelligent and active, but most of the time, they’ll seek a cozy spot to snuggle in.
So, if this is the perfect cat breed you’re looking for, then here’s the list of Sphynx cats for sale in Atlanta that you can check out!
|The List Of Sphynx Cat Breeders|
|Baldfantasea Sphynx||Atlanta, Georgia
|Skinzin|| Atlanta, Georgia
1. Baldfantasea Sphynx
📍 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Baldfantasea Sphynx is a small cattery that is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The breeder prides themselves in producing top-quality Sphynx kittens to satisfy many customers.
The breeder is registered with The International Cat Association (TICA), meaning they produce and raise their kittens according to the breed standards.
The breeder makes sure that the kittens are in great health condition. Therefore, the kittens receive initial vaccinations and deworming medications and are vet-checked regularly.
The most important thing is that all the breeding cats are tested negative for genetic conditions and heart diseases such as HCM (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy).
Moreover, the cats and kittens from this cattery are all registered with TICA and CFA, which also allows them to compete in shows.
Most of the Sphynx kittens from this breeder are sold as pets, which means that they’ll be spayed/neutered before leaving for a new home.
So, if you’re interested in this breeder, you can check them on their Facebook page or contact them via phone call or e-mail and ask for more information or available kittens.
If you choose a kitten from this cattery, you can pick it up personally, but if you don’t live in the area, they can bring the kitten to the Atlanta airport or fly the kitten with a pet nanny to your nearest airport.
• Social media: Facebook
• Phone number: 404-863-0346
• E-mail: [email protected]
📍 Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Skinzin is a CFA (Cat Fanciers’ Association) Cattery of Excellence, located in Atlanta, Georgia. The breeder has been in the breeding business and entering showing competitions since 2003.
This has allowed the breeder to improve the quality of the kittens throughout the years and to produce real examples of the breed according to the CFA breed standard.
The main focus of the breeder is to produce the healthiest and best Sphynx kittens. For that, breeding cats need to be in great health and are tested negative for genetic diseases, as well as being regularly vet-checked.
Moreover, the kittens are also regularly vet-checked, spayed/neutered, microchipped, and vaccinated before adoption.
This Sphynx cattery has litter from time to time because they avoid overbreeding, paying special attention to the health and condition of breeding cats. Besides kittens, sometimes you can find retired adult cats for adoption, which is also a good thing to do.
Besides all of that, the kittens are also well-socialized and trained from a young age so that they can be properly prepared for their new families and homes.
If you check out and choose this cattery, you won’t regret it because the breeder is very experienced in the business. If you have any questions about Sphynx cats or the adoption process, then feel free to contact the breeder.
• Phone number: 770-823-6825
Where Else Can You Look For Reputable Sphynx Cat Breeders?
After listing and reviewing two different reputable Sphynx cat breeders in Atlanta, here are some other places where you can find reputable Sphynx cat breeders.
Usually, reputable breeders don’t have available kittens throughout the whole year. So, if you cannot find them in Atlanta, I recommend checking the Sphynx breeders in the following places.
• Sphynx Kittens For Sale In Pennsylvania – Breeders List
• Sphynx Cat For Sale – Oregon: Breeders List!
• The 3 Best Sphynx Cat Breeders In Louisiana For 2023
Nowadays, it’s much easier to buy or adopt a kitten from another place because most breeders offer a shipping service to the nearest major airport via pet nanny, and similar options.
Another solution is to look at websites such as Adopt A Pet (non-profit adoption website) and Go Kitty.
When it comes to Adopt A Pet, if you’re lucky enough, you can adopt a pet at a minimal cost and provide it with a lovely home. On the other hand, when it comes to Go Kitty, you can purchase the kitten and the type you want, similar to buying from a breeder.
A Guide For Choosing A Reputable Breeder
Determining whether a breeder is reputable or not may be a bit difficult nowadays. Because of that, this article provides you not only with reputable Sphynx cat breeders in Atlanta but also with a guide that will help you recognize if the breeder/cattery is reputable or not.
Buying a specific purebred kitten from a reputable breeder is of great importance because they have a scheduled breeding program where they avoid inbreeding or overbreeding.
Moreover, reputable breeders pay special attention to the health, appearance, and temperament of their cats and kittens and make sure they provide their customers with the best examples.
So, check out this quick guide that will help you to determine a reputable breeder from others.
• Usually, reputable breeders are registered with Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA) or The International Cat Association (TICA), or both. That shows us that the breeder is producing and raising its cats and kittens according to the strict rules and the breed standard.
• The breeder should always be able to answer all of your questions related to the cattery, kittens, breeding cats, cat care, and everything that you want to know about it.
• A reputable breeder will allow you to visit the cattery or at least have a facetime session so that you can see the kitten you’re taking home with you.
• Reputable breeders pay special attention to the health of their cats and kittens. Therefore, all the cats and kittens from reputable catteries are vaccinated properly, dewormed, tested negative for genetic diseases, usually spayed/neutered, and similar.
Moreover, such kittens and cats usually come with documentation including a health guarantee, and other crucial things.
• You can always ask the breeder to show you the contract to know what you are committing to.
So, these are the things that can help you buy a Sphynx or any other kitten from a reputable breeder. After all, you’re not paying a high price for just a cute kitten, you’re paying for a certain quality.
The Price Of A Sphynx Cat
Before buying a sphynx cat or a kitten, you should be prepared as their price isn’t low. Due to their unique appearance, the price of a Sphynx cat is very high, and after that, the cost continues rising.
The average price of a purebred Sphynx kitten is around $2000 to even $5000. However, the price depends on several factors, such as:
• Type of breeder
• Type of quality (pet-quality – the cheapest; breeder-quality – expensive; show-quality- the most expensive).
• Female Sphynx vs male Sphynx
• If it’s a popular crossbred, such as Minskin, the price may be even higher.
However, after purchasing the kitten, the costs continue to rise as you need to prepare everything for the kitten’s arrival. Of course, you also need to provide that kitten with the necessities for as long as it lives with you.
Pros & Cons Of Owning A Sphynx Cat
Every cat breed has pros and cons, and whether a specific breed of cat is for you or not actually depends on you and your lifestyle.
So, here are some pros of owning a Sphynx cat:
• Sphynx cats are unique pets for their interesting, almost hairless appearance.
• Although they may not look like that, Sphynx cats are extremely affectionate, lovely, friendly, and intelligent cats.
• Due to their easy-going personality, Sphynx cats can be great family pets, and they also get along with children and other pets.
• Sphynx cats will often snuggle next to you, looking for a warm and cozy spot to sleep on.
• Sphynx cats are also energetic and playful and are easily trainable.
• They’re considered to be an extremely healthy cat breed.
• Sphynx cats have a minimal amount of shedding.
The cons of owning a Sphynx cat are the following:
• Even though they’re almost hairless, they’re very difficult to maintain. Their skin is so sensitive and requires special care, such as clothes during the cold weather or sunscreen during the hot weather to avoid sunburn.
• Frequent baths are obligatory when it comes to Sphynx cats because they don’t have fur to absorb the oils from their skin.
• Sometimes, they may be extremely energetic.
• Sphynx cats need regular nail trimming and ear cleaning.
• The Sphynx cat breed is highly expensive.
If you have read this article, now you’re familiar with breeders that have Sphynx cats for sale in Atlanta.
As there are not a lot of reputable Sphynx cat breeders in this area, this article also provides you with some alternatives, such as reputable breeders from other areas, adoption websites, and similar.
As Sphynx cats are very expensive due to their appearance and rarity, it’s crucial to be familiar with how reputable breeders function.
Therefore, this article also provides you with a quick guide for choosing a reputable breeder, along with price information on the breed, and the pros and cons of owning one.
All in all, I hope this article helped you with your decision and that you’ll be able to find a new best feline friend that will enjoy a lovely new home!
Leave a comment